Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!


"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." - Agatha Christie

To all my fellow and future Moms out there, I wish you a fantastic and beautiful Happy Mother's Day!

As a tribute to this day I have included a picture of one of my favorite paintings(above) by Mary Cassatt, The Child's Bath, c. 1891.  It amazes me still...the introspection...the joy and grief...the profound changes that occur when you join this "sisterhood" of billions that came before you and that will be around long after you are gone from this world.


So a cheers to you Moms out there!! And for those of you "children" who are not parents, your Mother loves you more than you will ever know...so please remember her on this special day and honor her...if she is still a part of this world go see her, or if she is far away then give her a call, and don't worry about the monetary things, we just want to hear, as often as possible, how much we are loved by you in return, that is what brings us joy and makes all the effort worth while.
And so it goes...

15 comments:

myra said...

happy mothers day to you too here have a cup of joe with me.

Ziggy Stardust said...

Happy Mothers Day!!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Follow Me Club1! Happy Mother's Day!

latin_girl87 said...

Hello again! Happy Mothers Day to ya. To answer your question...no i didnt find ya with the mothers website you mention BUT I do play the heck outta some WOW. I have a lvl 80 Holy Night Elf Priest Named Rosalia and a 62 Human Warrior named Azzkicker (lol) I have my own guild named Blood Clan on the Mannoroth Server. Been playin for about 2 1/2 years now. You?? And as far as college goes I am studying for my Veterinary Technician Degree Online with Penn Foster. What are you guys studying?

Culture Served Raw said...

I've been prowling around Blogspot reading all the Mother Day's post, but this one really stood out for me. Incredibly sweet, thanks for sharing!

Val.

SquirrelQueen said...

Happy Mother's Day,
SQ

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments everybody!
T.

ApsMac said...

Awe! He's adorable!

A very happy mother's day to you!

Frugal New England Kitchen said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Visiting & following from MBC 100 Group! Please visit me!

Cindi @ Mama Mentor
Mama Mentor

beth said...

great post! i have this print hanging in my bathroom. i also have a print of "young thomas and his mother" in my living room (my oldest's name is thomas and the original was hanging at the pennsylvania academy of fine art while i worked there). saw your post on the sits welcome site. welcome!

Summer said...

Hi there! I'm following you from the MBC Under 100 club. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Ibong Adarna said...

How thoughtful! Happy Mother's Month to you too! A friend of mine once told me this, & I want it to share with yah... "The most valuable jewelry that we, mothers, wanted to hang on our pretty little necks are the arms of our kids - hugging us!

Thanks for visiting my blog too!

http://iceage3sneakpeek.blogspot.com/

Lilian said...

hi belated happy mothers day too! indeed the love of a mother is immeasurable...now that im a mother i understand how really it is like to be a mum.

shelley said...

happy mother's day to you! what beautiful pictures, you have a lot to be greatful for! i'm following you from mbc under 100 club, stop by and say "hi"
hugs,
shelley
http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com/

littlebear said...

Thank you for this lovely mother's day post, just stumbled across your blog. I too love Mary Cassat, I in fact love the impressionists & post impressionists. I have a room devoted to books, and one wall almost full of art books, some first editions. I am amazed to find another person who loves art, books and Agatha (I have all her books as well)I'm adding you to my follow list now!

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)