Monday, November 23, 2009

Share Your Thanksgiving


Norman Rockwell, Freedom From Want, 1943. War bond poster. Story Illustration for The Saturday Evening Post, March 6, 1943. Oil on canvas. 45 3/4 x 35 1/2 in.


With Thanksgiving week here, I thought it would be fun to share some family traditions, must have items, or funny stories.

-What family traditions do you have each year, either typical or unique?

-Do you have any must have items at your Thanksgiving table?

-And lastly, any funny Thanksgiving mishaps that you would like to share?

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving, gobble gobble gobble!!

And so it goes...

3 comments:

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog. The past few years we have gone out to eat on Thanksgiving. We're having it at our house this year. I'm not big on turkey & all the fixings, so I'm making my baked ziti & the hubs is doing the turkey.

Cheryl said...

My family (on the west coast) likes to spend Thanksgiving by going to the movies during the day and to a restaurant in the evening.

But when I'm with my sister in Maryland we do the traditional thing starting with the Thanksgiving Day parade on tv then a whole day of cooking (ham, usually, though one year it was lobsters. And lots of sides.)

I definitely prefer the traditional Thanksgiving even if there's a lot more work (and a lot more bickering) involved.

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

We all go to my mom's that includes my husband's cousin who lives near us. It is wild - football upstairs, my little pony downstairs :) We HAVE to HAVE bday cake every year! Two bdays to celebrate while we are all together! Same thing at Christmas - 2 bdays! It's neat, fun, loud and exhausting.

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)