Friday, May 8, 2009

Playing for Change


I found another great organization trying to make the world a better place. If you are a musician, music lover, or just interested in supporting good causes you should check this out. I will put a link in this post and under my "Some Excellent Causes" link. Here are two excerpts from their site http://www.playingforchange.com/:

"The Inspiration:
Playing for Change is a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music. The idea for this project arose from a common belief that music has the power to break down boundaries and overcome distances between people. No matter whether people come from different geographic, political, economic, spiritual or ideological backgrounds, music has the universal power to transcend and unite us as one human race. And with this truth firmly fixed in our minds, we set out to share it with the world."


"Now, musicians from all over the world are brought together to perform benefit concerts that build music and art schools in communities that are in need of inspiration and hope. In addition to benefit concerts, the Playing for Change band also performs shows around the world. When audiences see and hear musicians who have traveled thousands of miles from their homes, united in purpose and chorus on one stage, everyone is touched by music's unifying power. "


Musicians include people such as Bono, The Nazareth Orchestra, Venkat, and more. Happy listening!


And so it goes...

12 comments:

Terog said...

Not particularly related to this post, I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and for following me! I do hope your knee gets progressively better.

p.s. I LOVE the pictures on your site and I'm totally trying the chicken recipe. I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment Ava! I hope the chicken works out for ya!
T.

MoonNStarMommy said...

Hi T ... I'm following you from MBC :) Welcome to MBC and all that. I'm also from the midwest & have all boys (4 ... 5 counting the hubby)

Anthony said...

Music is power to the people!

Just a conservative girl said...

From what I can see on your site, you and I will not agree politically, but I hope that you can read my blog and see that we too have the best interest of our country at heart.

SquirrelQueen said...

I've always believed in the power of music and Bono has done a lot to raise awareness of several issues with his star power.
As for politics, right now I'm more interested in that Chicken recipe.
Have a great weekend,
SQ

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment Anthony!
And MoonNStarMommy from MBC which site do you use the most that I should follow b/c I saw three listed for you when I clicked on you here?
T.

Unknown said...

And thank you for the comment too Justaconservative girl! Your blog looks great for all of those on the other side of the political boat! I left you a comment on your site.
T.

Angie said...

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks for the follow! I found you on MBC. I have my main mommy blog at http://knutsonupdateonline.blogspot.com, but myfourmonkeys.com is my review blog that I'm launching Monday. Thanks again!!

~Angie@MyFourMonkeys

Angie said...

T.,

Go here: http://www.mommysidea.com/2008/09/how-to-make-and-grab-button.html. and it will show you step by step. If I can do it, you can do it!

latin_girl87 said...

Hi there! I was reading your lil blurg about you and your family and you should be proud! In this day and age its hard to follow your dreams let alone several at a time! So Kudos! I ran into your page and was pleased to see that you are a mom too and enjoy trying to motivate people to help others. I attempt to do the same in my own lil way :).If you dont mind, I'd like to follow ya!well, I noticed you have some interesting information and Ads on your page so, on my way out I'll click around and take a look. If your lookin for a bit of a laugh today though check out my blog. Its about my 3year old son and his funny outlook on life :).Oh and while your there...check out my Ads too, some of them are pretty neat!who knows you might see something you like (lol). Have a Great Day!

Unknown said...

Latin girl,
Thanks for the follow! I checked your profile and saw we have a few things in common...I left comments on your site and added myself as a follower!
T.

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)