Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!

One of My Favorite Recipes!


You Will Need:
-about 1and 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
-about 2 cups of orange juice
-about 1-2 cups of Parmesan cheese
-a Pyrex baking dish

In a time crunch for a tasty home cooked meal? Try this one out, it is simple and easy! I don't have any measurements because I eyeball it pretty much, but it is that simple and tasty too. I take some boneless skinless chicken breasts that I buy packaged and frozen from the store. I put them in a Pyrex rectangular baking dish. I make sure to poke the breasts on each side with a fork. Then I pour in some orange juice until it coats the bottom of the pan, not too much because I put them in there frozen so water will come out too. Then I bake at 375 for about 20 minutes (approx. 1 and 1/2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breasts). The directions are for 20-30 mins. so this is 10 mins. shy of done. I then pull it out of the oven, poke the chicken on each side and flip them over. Then coat with Parmesan cheese (store bought in the plastic container) by shaking a bit over each piece. Add as much or little as you want. Return to oven for 10 more minutes. And voila! delicious chicken dinner. It takes about 2 minutes prep time if that. The orange juice makes the chicken super juicy and tender, which is helpful since it is boneless and skinless (which can very quickly mean dry and tasteless sometimes), and the juice doesn't add any extra fat either! It is a great one to use when you want dinner in a short time. My hubby and son just love the recipe and eat it all up every time. I usually serve it with some frozen veggies cooked in the microwave or maybe a bag salad dressed up with some fresh cut tomatoes and cucumbers.

Hope you like the recipe! If you try it out please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it!

Here is a link to a great recipe website I love that lets you keep a virtual recipe box you can use anywhere and anytime you have Internet access: http://allrecipes.com/. I also put a link to it under "Some Favorite Sites."

And so it goes...
Post a Comment

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)