Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!

One of My Favorite Recipes!


You Will Need:
-about 1and 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
-about 2 cups of orange juice
-about 1-2 cups of Parmesan cheese
-a Pyrex baking dish

In a time crunch for a tasty home cooked meal? Try this one out, it is simple and easy! I don't have any measurements because I eyeball it pretty much, but it is that simple and tasty too. I take some boneless skinless chicken breasts that I buy packaged and frozen from the store. I put them in a Pyrex rectangular baking dish. I make sure to poke the breasts on each side with a fork. Then I pour in some orange juice until it coats the bottom of the pan, not too much because I put them in there frozen so water will come out too. Then I bake at 375 for about 20 minutes (approx. 1 and 1/2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breasts). The directions are for 20-30 mins. so this is 10 mins. shy of done. I then pull it out of the oven, poke the chicken on each side and flip them over. Then coat with Parmesan cheese (store bought in the plastic container) by shaking a bit over each piece. Add as much or little as you want. Return to oven for 10 more minutes. And voila! delicious chicken dinner. It takes about 2 minutes prep time if that. The orange juice makes the chicken super juicy and tender, which is helpful since it is boneless and skinless (which can very quickly mean dry and tasteless sometimes), and the juice doesn't add any extra fat either! It is a great one to use when you want dinner in a short time. My hubby and son just love the recipe and eat it all up every time. I usually serve it with some frozen veggies cooked in the microwave or maybe a bag salad dressed up with some fresh cut tomatoes and cucumbers.

Hope you like the recipe! If you try it out please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it!

Here is a link to a great recipe website I love that lets you keep a virtual recipe box you can use anywhere and anytime you have Internet access: http://allrecipes.com/. I also put a link to it under "Some Favorite Sites."

And so it goes...

10 comments:

ApsMac said...

Hiya!

I'll certainly try this recipe. I love eating chiken in any form except alive! lol

My little one is almost 10 months. Wrote a poem for him 2 days ago. It's on my page.

Thanks for visiting and the comment! :-)

I absolutely love the layout of your page. How did you do it?

Unknown said...

Well for the pictures and links and that I just went to layout and right there you can click "add a gadget." Under "add a gadget" there are loads of options: e,g, buttons for followers, buttons for you to link who you are following, adding pictures, adding html codes in there etc. I just kinda try them out, and when you are on layout you can drag the boxes around so your page looks the way you like. I definitely wanted a lot of pictures, because people love pictures and it livens things up. Obviously since I teach art I love the visual goodies, so I want to have one with each bolg post. For that, at the top of your post when typing there is a little picture that lets you load up an image from your computer or html of one from a site if you choose, and even pick it's position relative to the text (upper left, center, right, etc.). I hope that answers your question! And thanks for the comment!
T.

teague said...

hi,t.
i've read a few posts...good blog, and i like the recipe.
http://teaguethegirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

thanks for the comment teague!
T.

ApsMac said...

Thanks for the layout tips! Funny, that I am an Art teacher too. I quit when I got preggy. I taught oils, water colour, charcoal etc. What mediums do you teach and what age? Oh! how old is your little one? And a very happy Mother's day to you as well! :-)

Unknown said...

I teach art history and art appreciation courses at the university/college level, so I am the "evil" theory lady lol! In my art appreciation class though we try out the basics of all the basic media though through projects so they have an understanding of how they work (watercolors, oils, acrylics, pastels, prints, collage, 3-D mixed media, etc.). The art appreciaition class is designed so that if you walked out of a cave and never heard of art you will understand basics of media and history by the time the class is over. My son will be 7 at the end of the summer. Tall like his father and very energetic, wish I could bottle it lol!
T.

Justsouknow said...

sounds yummy!
I love your blog I own a small coffee shop here in Washington.
You have good information on here!
I am now following you.
Ann

Unknown said...

Ann,
Which of your listed blogs is your main one?
T.

ApsMac said...

http://apsmac.blogspot.com/2009/05/she-wants-me-to-write-her-story.html

here is the main one...I will continue adding to it till she wants me to write. It's not one the most happiest stories though.

Hope you enjoy!

Afternoon Tea Break said...

Ooooh, that looks gorgeous. I'll definitely try that recipe!

Also, I love the coffee pictures you've got all over your blog! I'm slightly more of a tea than coffee fan though, but it still made me want to get up and make a good cuppa :-)

Afternoon Tea Break
http://creditcrunchcareerchange.blogspot.com

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)