Friday, August 28, 2009

Opportunity Knocks...Tap Tap Tap



I am happy to report that I was just hired to teach part-time at a local college. I am teaching a couple sections of Art Appreciation, a class I LOVE to teach! I wish it were full-time, but hey, I will take what I can get, a tiny amount of income is better than no income at all.

So far, the first class seems interesting and witty, I hope this will continue throughout the term. I still have yet to meet my other class which is tomorrow. Luckily for me, some brave souls decided they want to learn about art on Saturdays. I am interested to see who these lovely people are that would give up a treasured Saturday afternoon to listen to me lecture.

Ironically, I got the call from the college to interview for the position two days after I began volunteering at the local historical society. Now you tell me, isn't this proof of generosity and kharma at work here? Just when I was starting to feel extremely hopeless, I decide to do something good to help others and Voila! opportunity knocked on my door.

The universe somehow always seems to have a way of righting itself, even in our most desperate hours. I hope I do a fantastic job so they keep me on and give me even more classes next term. So, here is to good kharma and keeping hope alive! May all of you have such luck come your way as well!

And so it goes...


11 comments:

EmFabulousFunshine said...

congrats!!!!

Mommy Reporter said...

Thanks for stopping by!!

I agree, good fortune has a way of always having impeccable timing... Congrats on the new gig!!

missy said...

congrats!!!!!
stopping by from SITS.

Single Mama NYC said...

You are absolutely right - that was your good karma at work! Congrats, you deserve it!

"The universe somehow always seems to have a way of righting itself, even in our most desperate hours." I loved this - I needed to see that today of all days. Thanks!

Sazz said...

Thanks for stopping by!

COngrats on the job. =)

Kristen said...

Congrats on the good kharma! And thanks for stopping by from SITS.

Julie from JulieChats said...

Congrats! I do believe that kharma is a great thing, hoping some good things come my way soon too!

Hope you have a great week! I'm out leaving comments for all my followers!

http://juliechats.blogspot.com

tori said...

woohooo on the job! I hope you love it! the pics on your blog make me want a coffee REAL BAD!

Cheryl said...

That's wonderful news! Congratulations! It does always seem to work out that way. A lesson never to force things but to always just let them happen.

Leslie said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful job that you'll be perfect at! Enjoy...

Duchess of Tea said...

Very interesting blog, I enjoyed reading your posts and I am now a follower.

Duchess

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)