Friday, May 29, 2009

Busy Busy Busy


Is is just me or does anybody else feel like this poor cartoon mom lately? Things get so crazy and hectic at the end of the school year it is unbelievable sometimes! Since I am also winding up my end of things on the academic front in the classes I teach, I feel like all I see at the moment are deadlines and a flurry of papers and projects!

They always pack so much into the end of the year for our children too: open houses, field trips, spirit days, homework, big projects...between my work and my son, my head is getting very confused lol! Sometimes I really feel like that line said by Dolly Parton in the film "Steel Magnolias," so confused I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt.

To all you other busy people out there, hang in there, I know we will make it! Mostly because we have to, but, I am trying to remain positive in this time of great confusion and exhaustion. So hang in there folks, summer is around the corner and we will have a lot of other things to keep us busy instead!
And so it goes...

8 comments:

sarasophia said...

Put some red hair on that "cartoon mom" and give her a candy bar in her pocket and its ME:)

Following from MBC---please follow back...

<3 sarasophia

Aubrey said...

How did you get that picture of me?!?!? LOL

Jen said...

I am totally feeling that cartoon. And you are so right, summer is right around the corner and filled with new things to keep us busy.

But would we want it any other way?

Stopped by from SITS to say hello.

Dejoni said...

I definetly feel like this cartoon and Dolly. I took the summer off work thinking I would have time to get some stuff done and I still don't have time to do it all. I give up.
Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day!!! I appreciate it!

Momma Chae said...

Where did you find that picture of me??

Afternoon Tea Break said...

Totally know what you mean! :-)

Jacqueline said...

following from mbc. stop by luckyjune.blogspot.com ;)

tanya said...

That's me too. Following you from under 100 club at mbc. Hope you'll follow me too

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)