Monday, June 8, 2009

Road Trip Time




Working on getting affairs in order and things together to make a little road trip to visit family. My hubby's cousin is graduating from University soon, so, most of our family will be in one spot. We are trying to maximize our visit time so this should work out nicely, I hope.

I am a little worried about the long time in the car (9-10 hours drive) and how my leg is going to react. Usually I do most of the driving when we take trips, but, it looks like this time my hubby will have to do the majority of the driving because of my leg injuries. I am hoping with cruise control it won't be as bad as I anticipate.

There were a few sad events in the family too; but, I am hoping that the graduation, birth of a beautiful baby boy, and two more babies on the way will make it a happy and joyous visit. If my leg holds out in the car, I think we should be o.k. Since the accident I am paranoid about people running through stop signs and traffic lights when they are supposed to stop, so goodness knows what a long trip on America's highways will do to me...I hope my sanity remains intact, not just for me, but for the dear hubby and child as well!

And so it goes...

4 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

I hope you have a great trip and can relax. Stop along the way and stretch.

Anne

Native American Momma said...

Oh my, I know about that kind of anxiety. Our U-haul came off and busted our jeep in AZ on a trip from OR to MS. From AZ the rest of the way to MS was very torturous!

SquirrelQueen said...

Have a wonderful trip and like Anne said stop whenever possible and stretch.
SQ

EmFabulousFunshine said...

good luck, I spent 8+ hours in the car sunday from houston-NOLA. I hope you have a safe and relaxing trip.

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)