Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Empty Dog Bed


So the other week my hubby and I took a cab (yes still no car since accident, no accountability these days I guess) to the pet store and then walked home to exercise my crappy leg. We were so happy when we found a great deal on a dog bed. We figured poor Sassy is 10 years old now and could use a nice cushy bed to hang out on and that maybe she wouldn't sit right on top of my chair at the desk. Since I am on the computer for work and entertainment all the time I figured this would be a fabulous thing.

The dog bed was an $80 bed on sale for $15...what a deal we said! It is shaped like a slice of pie so it sits perfectly in a corner or across a straight edge, like say the wall which is a whopping 4-5 feet from me. It is nice and cushy, very soft, and has a washable cover. Surely this would put our dog in a state of bliss, no?


No.


Despite the fact that said awesome bed is extremely close to me and she can watch every move I make to the kitchen, bathroom, to kiddo's room, etc. because of my carefully chosen location, it is apparently not close enough. Apparently Sassy is a daredevil who likes to live on the edge and jump up and run whenever I scooch my chair to get up, grab a book, refill a drink, or just re-adjust in general.


What makes it even weirder is she is a well-trained and very intelligent dog. Sassy is a border-collie that I have had since she was a few weeks old. She follows every command instantly and has a very relaxed disposition. What I cannot understand is why in recent years she feels the need to sit right on top of my chair?!? I am so afraid I am gonna hop up to get the phone and run over her tail or something. I even bought her a gigantic bone to accompany her on afformentioned cushy bed to occupy her time. Apparently my easy dog likes the hardwood floor and running for her life instead of a nice bed. Pets can be so strange I swear.


And so it goes...

4 comments:

OhioMom said...

LOL ... I have a male cat who does the same thing, he has to be near or on me at all times.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, nice to meet a Cleveland girl .. I was born and raised right here, 6 decades and counting :)

Unknown said...

Pets are too funny aren't they...but such a joy and very loyal companions! Thanks for leaving a comment!
T.

Rae Ann said...

I sit on an exercise ball at my desk and my male pom is forever getting rolled under it in his quest to bond with me on the molecular level. Yet he never seems to learn...

I'm following you from the MBC Under 100 Club. I look forward to reading more.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment Rae Ann, I added myself to your list of followers a little bit ago!
T.

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)