Friday, October 17, 2014

Book Review: Saturday Night Widows by Becky Aikman


Non-fiction.  I read this for my non-fiction book club at my local library (April 2014).  I did not care for this book.  I thought it was both boring and shallow.  Maybe I just couldn't relate because I am not a widow, I am not in the same age bracket as the women, and I do not have so much money and time to waste.  I thought the stuff they did was bizarre, like group underwear shopping when they tried stuff on and showed each other how awesome and empowered they supposedly were, or when they went out to the desert to a roughing it spa for privileged women who have the time and money for such an extravagant vacation.  I found not a single woman in this book relatable or interesting.  I think we have a bored reporter looking to write something, anything, and failing.  This book was not remotely my cup of tea.  I definitely do not recommend it, thank god it was free from the library and I did not pay to read it.

And so it goes...

No comments:

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)