Friday, October 17, 2014

Book Review: Divergent Series by Veronica Roth


Fiction.  This is one of those series that the whole planet read, so I decided to give it a go and I was not disappointed.  This is young-adult fiction but it holds your attention.  It is about a young girl living in a dystopian Chicago world, where classes are divided by their personalities and purposes in life.  It sounds like it should work, but as we know, life is messy and we do not like to be put into molds.  The series is worth the read so I do not want to say too much, I will leave that to other reviewers.  In the end, I think we have a great heroine, it addresses some real life issues in this make believe world, and although I was disappointed by the end of the last book in the series and horribly disappointed by the movie of the first book, I would definitely recommend this series.  If you only saw the movie and did not like it, please read the books, the old adage is true: the books are better than the movies.

And so it goes...

No comments:

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)