Monday, January 6, 2014

Book Review: Inferno by Dan Brown

     I read this is three sittings, I thought it was excellent!  If you like the other Dan Brown books with Robert Langdon in them, then you will like this one.  It follows the same M.O. except he starts out with amnesia in this one.  I won't say too much else because it is a mystery book where he solves puzzles; what I will say is that the characters spend quite a bit of time in Florence, and although it does reference Dante's Inferno throughout the book, I do not think it would be necessary to have read Dante's work or the other Langdon books by Dan Brown in order to read this one.  The main character, Robert Langdon, is the sort of India Jones of symbols and art.  Each adventure can stand on its own and does not stem from previous events in the other novels.  The only nod to the other books is when he mentions the Vatican "doesn't like him either" to another character.  Since I am an art historian myself, I did know where they were heading for the various locations by the hints provided; however, I was still very surprised with the twists and turns in the plot and with the characters.  It was an enjoyable leisure read! 


And so it goes...

No comments:

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)