Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Possibilities




We just got back from visiting family in Athens, OH to celebrate my father-in-law's achievement of receiving his Ph.D, way to go Pop!! The photographs are of a flower from my mother-in-law's garden and Strouds Run in Athens, gosh I miss the beautiful places to walk, explore, and relax there, it is so beautiful! Glad to be back home though and get a great night sleep in my own bed.

Now it is time to garden, clean the house, and look into some new possibilities for the rest of the summer. I just joined the book club at the local library so I am looking forward to that, and our church just started a family play date thing at different local parks on Friday mornings so I am excited about that too.


I am also looking into possibly becoming a Mary Kay consultant after talking to my sister-in-law who is a representative. I am thinking it might work and out and be fun since I am a very social gal, as well as give us a little bit more income since I am only teaching part-time at ECC (Elgin Community College). I am a pretty big people person so I think it would be fun to have girl time and make a little money too; but, I need to think about it and talk it over with the hubby some more to see if we think it would be a worthwhile endeavor.


Hope everybody is having a great summer so far!!


What about you, are you do anything exciting and fun this summer that you want to share, or have any advice for me about becoming a consultant for Mary Kay?


And so it goes...



4 comments:

Jacquie Jennel said...

hey SITS stah! Lovely photos! Seems like you had a lovely visit!

Jacquie said...

Hello SITS stah!
Lovely photos! Seems that you had a great visit!

Nanny Dee said...

Hi T --

been back to blogging and trying to catch up with all my favorite bloggers.

Your pics are really beautiful! I have just an old point and shoot and it does not come close to touching those photos. What kind did you use? You also have a great eye, so that is probably what I'm lacking most!

Sounds like you have some fun stuff planned for summer. About selling MK, do it for the fun of it and if you like the products more than the big $. Sometimes it is difficult to make decent income unless you put a lot of time, effort, and your own money into it with direct sales. Not trying to discourage you, just offering my 2 cents -- only because you asked. :D Try it -- you might really like it!

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your blog this evening and I love the title. Your pics of coffee are fabulous! A fellow SITS member as well; its amazing how that little button "pops-up" when I visit new sites. I am from Illinois as well, various parts. Great blog! And I do MK as well, currently, for personal use and friends/family... I would love to know if you signed up? Thanks for sharing.
www.heatherpranitis.blogspot.com

Blog Awards

Here are a few awards this blog has received thanks to some kind folks!

Friends and Favorites Award

Friends and Favorites Award
given 05/20/2009 by SquirrelQueen (http://squirrelqueen2.blogspot.com/)

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award
given on 07/23/2009 by Juanita (http://juanitaharris.blogspot.com/)